Summary of the Position
Working as a key member of the MEAL team, the MEAL Assistant is responsible for assisting the MEAL Manager in the MEAL activities supporting ACTED Ukraine programs implemented independently or as a part of Consortium.
- Assist the MEAL Manager in the design and implementation of database management system including but not limited to:
- Assist in the design of unified data collection tools for Consortium partners;
- Assist in the design of the databases to capture and filter information collected for beneficiary selection;
- Assist in the design of the databases to capture and filter baseline data;
- Assist in the design of the databases to capture and filter endline data;
- Assist in the design of the databases to capture and filter monitoring data.
- Assist in the design of the database for feedback\complaint response mechanism.
- Drawing on data stored in the databases, support the MEAL Manager in data interpretation, data cleaning and data analysis using statistical techniques.
- Coordinate with Consortium partners program and M&E staff to ensure the data is collected, stored and processed in the proper way.
- Drawing on data stored in the database, support the MEAL team in the production of ongoing and periodic MEAL reports for internal and external stakeholders to ensure programs have accurate and useful data to inform project development.
- Support the MEAL manager in processing and analyzing the consolidated data collected by Consortium partners.
- Ensure management of database and data therein complies with data protection policies for ACTED Ukraine and Ukrainian legislation.
- Support the development and implementation of the MEAL plans, tools and systems for the programs in and around Severodonetsk and Sloviansk.
- Support the MEAL manager in monitoring and evaluation of REACH Initiative activities and products.
- Assist in the monitoring of mainstreamed accountability and adaptability practices.
- Carry out other duties as requested by the Country Director and/or MEAL Manager.
- In the absence of MEAL Manager, carries all the duties as MEAL Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences including Sociology, Psychology, or any other relevant field, or Bachelor’s in IT or any other relevant field.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Excel, Word, and Outlook (particular emphasis on Excel).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to process and analyse significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in the use of database packages.
- Experience in the use of data processing and analysis.
- Fluent in Ukrainian and Russian.
- Prior NGO, INGO, UN or confederate experience
- Fluent in English
Applications, in English, should include a CV and a cover letter.
Applications should be submitted no later than October 11th 2017 at 18:00 with the title or reference of the position (e-mails without mentioned position will be not considered) . Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. ACTED is equal opportunity employer.